Monday, November 25, 2013

Believe it or not, I actually ran

It's a well known fact that I don't run. I hate almost everything about it. A friend of mine actually convinced me to do the Ugly Sweater Run 5k. Somehow I agreed, and it turned out to be fun. 
The weather couldn't have been any better. It's been really cold the last week or so but it wasn't too cold this morning. (Which is nice because I'm a total wuss about cold.)

Waiting to get started
There was a sea of red and blue hats anxiously waiting to get going. 
We were in the first wave of runners to go. It was nice because we finished before the bulk of the people so we got to enjoy the beer garden before it go too busy. 
All in all it was fun to do. My sweater was pretty mild compared to some, There were some pretty epic ugly sweaters and lots of cute puppies with their own sweaters. I was pretty miserable while running (I use that term VERY loosely, ha!) but Heidi did a good job of keeping me from walking the entire time, which I totally would have done. It was something different to do and it was nice to get outside and enjoy the sun. Will I do another one? Maybe, maybe not. The jury is still out on that.

Jess 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!