Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Mail Day!

I've been so neglecting my blog lately. School always seems to get in the way. If it's not one thing it's another and I'm still trying to figure out how all this fits together. Last week though I had a happy mail day! I've had my eye on a Furls crochet hook for the longest time. I finally decided to splurge and get one. 
It is SO pretty! It's hard to tell in the picture but it has a slight shimmer in the paint. It's also super smooth and light. I worked on my blanket a little bit and I barely have to grip it while I'm working. Now I want all the colors! Furls has some gorgeous wooden hooks but they are out of my price range. :( So in honor of my new hook of course I ordered some yarn I make a pillow for my boyfriend's house. 
The brown and green striped yarn is the gift that came with the hook. (You get a free ball with each order from Furls.) It's super soft but being only one ball I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it yet. Any suggestions? I've followed Chiaki Creates blog for a while and she made the Razzamatzz pillow and it was SO pretty so I decided that I wanted to make it too. I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on my blanket or pillow yet. Sunday I planned on really getting going on it but woke up with a cold so I just lied around and napped all day. I'm hoping to get to it this week and really see how this hook feels.
What projects are you hoping to get going on?
Jess 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!