Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Left-Hander's Day

Happy Left-Hander's day to all the lefties out there. I am an official member of the left handed club. Being left handed I get some of the silliest questions and comments all the time. This pretty much sums it up.
My favorite one that isn't on the chart is "How do you use scissors?" I get that one a lot. Just for the record, just like right hander's do. But I get special scissors ;) While I do love being left handed, I'm the only one in my family, it does come with some challenges. Learning any hand crafts has always been hard. Mostly because it's hard for people to teach me because it is literally completely backwards. And there is some serious strategy that goes into sitting at a restaurant with a group of people, especially if there is more than on lefty. I only real beef I have is that A LOT of the villains on t.v. are left handed. C'mon now guys, share the love a little. 

Happy Left-Hander's Day!!
Jess


2 comments:

  1. Haha Id never noticed that about villains on tv!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My left-handed grandmother was the one who taught me most of the needlework skills I have, including knitting and crocheting. The whole right hand vs. left hand thing was one of her post peeves. She insisted that knitting and crochet were two-handed skills with no handedness to them -- each hand had a job to do. And she did them the so-called right-handed way.

    She said being left-handed was an advantage, because while righties could often only use one hand for things, she was functionally ambidextrous. She taught me to criss-stitch without turning the work -- just switch the hand that the needle's in when you get to the end of the row.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!