Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sunday drives

Last Sunday Mark and I decided to go for a drive. It was so nice out and we wanted to get out of the house for the day and enjoy the sunshine. We drove up highway 9 until we came to the Mountain Loop highway. We eventually ended up in Newhaven which is a couple hours away. It was so nice and relaxing just sitting back and looking at all the beautiful scenery. 
We're on our way!





We stopped at a flower/berry stand to get some ice cream. I would to come to work everyday and see this. 

The view from the other side of the stand. 

Homemade raspberry chocolate chip ice cream. Yum!



The train at Newhaven. We stopped here almost every summer on our camping trips as a kid. My sis and I loved to climb on the train. 

It was really fun to drive around and see all the stuff I hadn't seen since I was a kid. I pretty much napped the way back. Long car trips always make me so tired. 

Have you been on any fun day trips lately?
Jess

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous scenery! I'll admit, that is one thing I miss about the West and the Appalacian trail - all the mountains!

    Found your blog via the Bloglovin Blog Hop...looking forward to seeing more!

    Katie @ kategonecoastal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!