Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What I'm working on

I was browsing the interweb the other day and came across this hoop brooch holder from One Sheepish Girl.
Photo from One Sheepish Girl

I have a slowly growing collection of brooches, I think that it is bordering on an addiction. I was keeping them in this lovely felted bowl from Chet and Dot on etsy. (Go check out her shop, there is the cutest little gifts!)

The bowl was quickly becoming full and I couldn't really see all my pins.
I bought the cheaper wooden hoop and picked this yellow fabric that I had leftover from another project. It was really easy. Just place the fabric in the hoop and pull it tight. I cut fairly close the the hoop, about a 1/2 inch or less and glued it down in the back with fabric glue. Let it dry overnight and it's done. 
Here's a close up of the fabric, it has a light floral pattern which is nice cause cause I can use it with other patterns and it doesn't clash. 
Here it is all put together with my brooches ready to hang!
I decided to hang it with my other hoops where I can see all my pretties.
I'm really happy how it turned out and thinks that it makes a fun way to display all my brooches. 

Do you have any fun ways you like to display your jewelry or other items?
Jess 







2 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the first picture I thought you had taken a picture in the style of One Sheepish Girl!! I like how she has her own style so much.

    Your brooches are cute!! I only recently started wearing brooches. All my jewellery lives in a handmade wooden jewellery box which is a bit boring really!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish mine was as good as hers, haha. I love her blog. You should make one, it's so easy! Be warned it may encourage more brooch buying though ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!