Friday, April 5, 2013

TGIF!

I am so glad that this week is over. The first week of the new quarter always freaks me out. I have a little meltdown the day before the first day. I get so anxious about the impending classes. I always thing that they are going to be too hard and I won't be able to get through. 
source unknown

I worry about all the other students, what they will be like. Is it going to be a big class or a small one? What is the instructor like? What if the expectations or the workload is too high? Talking to people I don't know always makes my heart race a little an my palms sweat. Having to do an intro about myself nearly kills me, so I had to laugh when my friend sent me this cat picture a few days ago.

After the first week though I start to calm down. I've gotten a better feel for my instructors, the classmates, and the course requirements. Luckily this quarter I have my lab partner from chemistry in my nutrition class and I have my previous teacher, that I love, for math. Little bits of something familiar always helps ease the anxious nerves. 
I found this on Pinterest a couple days ago and I really liked it.
I need to remember that with school I need to just keep moving along. It isn't going to last forever so if I keep plugging away I'll eventually make it through. Sometimes when I get really frustrated and worked up I need to remember to take a break, take some deep breaths, and have a cup of tea (or a really stiff drink, depending on the level of frustration, ha).

I think that's why I gravitated toward crafting. It's something that I really enjoy, and that I know that whatever project I am working on I can accomplish it, eventually. It's a little boost to my self confidence. 
It's something that takes my focus away from what is upsetting me and gears it towards something that makes me happy. If I didn't have something to get rid of my nervous energy I would probably explode. Since embroidery, knitting, and crochet take some time to finish, it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day to wind down. 
This quarter will fly by just like the quarters before, I hope anyway.
Jess



2 comments:

  1. One day you wont even remember the names of all the people in your classes, I don't and Im only 24! I hated school, and didn't enjoy college or university, but each one was better than the last, and I've found that most people who don't enjoy school do enjoy college and university.

    And its great you use arts and crafts as an escape!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definite ups and downs with school. Overall I enjoy it, but I can't wait to be done. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!