Friday, April 12, 2013

Crochet bow brooch tutorial

I am in love with brooches. I love picking out which pin I want to add to give my outfit a little something extra. I wanted to make a crochet bow but I couldn't find anything that I really liked. They were either too big or too bulky looking. I wanted mine to have a little more shape to it. So I decided to just figure out one for myself and thought that I would share it with you. It is a really fast project and is good if you have a little yarn leftover from another project (which I have a lot). It's my first pattern so be gentle with me. :) I would love feedback if there is room for improvement. 

Crochet bow brooch
What you'll need:
Worsted weight yarn (or whatever you have, I just happened to have worsted weight laying around)
Size F/3.75 mm hook
Pin back (I found a pack at Hobby Lobby for cheap)
 Yarn needle
Pair of scissors

Pattern
Chain 25
Row 1
*1 sc in 2nd chain from the hook,
1 hdc in next chain,
1 dc in next 2 chains,
1 hdc in next chain,
1 sc in next chain*
Repeat * until end of chain-24 stitches
Chain 1 and turn
Row 2
Repeat Row 1 starting in first stitch from the hook

Repeat pattern for a total of 4 rows (or however many rows for how big you want your bow.) and fasten off.
This is what it will look like after the 4 rows.
Fold the bow in half and sew ends together. 
Back side
Front side
Wrap the ends around the middle part tightly to help cinch the middle. You might have to play with it a little to get both sides even.


Middle part
Chain 8
Sc in each chain across
Fasten off but don’t weave in the ends yet.
Wrap the middle part around the thinner part of the bow and sew ends together. Then weave in ends.

Slip the pin back under the middle part and voila you are done!
Now wear your new bow brooch loud and proud!
I hope that you enjoyed my little project. If you decided to make some I would love to see them!
Jess





1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. You're the sweetest!